Last night P&N had their last bottle. This was quite emotional for both Mike and I. They had their bath, and were in the PJs, and we sat in the living room feeding them their last bottle ever before bed. I feed P and Mike had N. I wanted to feed both of them their last bottle. As I feed Presley I pat her head and ran my fingers through her hair and stared into her eyes. I was reflecting on this last bottle feeding. I looked over and Mike was doing the same thing with N and repeatedly was kissing his forehead. Mike looked over at me with tears in his eyes and said, "how did they get so big?" All I could say was I don't know.
The doctor told us to get rid of their bottles at their 1 year check up. I waited a while because I wanted to be home for summer when this change was made. I wanted to be part of the transition. Yesterday when I came home from work the sink was full of dirty bottles and the dishwasher full of clean wants waiting to be unloaded. This site overwhelms me everyday when I come home from work... so I decided that we would be ditching the bottles sooner than later.
I ran them all through the dishwasher last night and this morning I packed them up along with the bottle warmers, newborn and smaller bibs, burp clothes, and boon bottle drying racks.
This morning we gave them the toddler formula in a sippy cup and they didn't seem to care or notice that they didn't get a bottle. After this can of formula we have one more and then we will transition to whole milk.
They grow so fast! ah.
No comments:
Post a Comment