The reason I posted about my dogs
today is because I wanted to share a home remedy that works to clean dog ears. I
was about to post it and thought, I don’t know that I have ever talked about my
dogs on my blog before! Which is a little crazy considering how much of a part of
the family they are, and I truly believe a dog completes a family!
Anyways, my dog Lacey, is a cocker spaniel. When I first got
her and took her to the vet. The vet told me that cocker spaniel have two
serious health conditions to be aware of. They are: cataracts and ear
infections. You can’t do much for the cataracts but you can help prevent and
treat ear infections as long as you pay attention to the ears on a regular
basis.
Lacey got a number of ear infections as a puppy. This is
common for a cocker spaniel or any dog with floppy ears because their ears block
oxygen flow and cause moisture built up.
Back when Lacey was a puppy I took her to the vet due to an
ear infection. The vet gave me some expensive cream to treat, but then continued
to tell me that this home remedy is way better than the cream she was charging
me for. She told me to try this remedy first in the future…
Clean your dog’s ears with equal parts white vinegar and
water. This remedy has always worked like a charm for Lacey.
Lacey hadn’t had an ear infection since I lived in my apartment
which was 3 years ago!
While two days ago I noticed her pawing at her ear and when
I came to touch and look at her she let out a big cry. Baby girl had first ear
infection in a long time!
I cleaned her ear out with a cotton ball and some Qtips (I
was very careful and did not go deep into her ear). Then I made my white vinegar
water mix. I used 1 tablespoon of white vinegar and 1 tablespoon of water. I
soaked a qtip in it and gently rubbed in her ear.
The next day the infection was almost completely cleared up. I
repeated the above.
Today 3 days later the infection is completely gone!
Works like a charm! I am going to keep my eye on it and if
it returns we will put a call in to the vet. But it is nice to be able to treat
it myself right away!



No comments:
Post a Comment