Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Nutrisystem Day 2

Nutrisystem Day 2

Well before I talk about “day 2” I guess I should talk completely about day 1. Yesterday I started the diet, nutrisytem.

The first day was pretty hard. The food… well it’s not that great, and the portion sizes are tiny. I spent most of the day hungry.

I logged my foods on the online program and in total only ate 1080 calories. See my nutrition background is going to make some of this a little challenging. Since I know that the average person’s BMR is 1200, which means the average person needs to eat 1200 calories a day to live. Also my nutrition background says that you should never follow a diet that suggests you consume less than 1200 calories, basically it is similar to anorexia. Now nutrisytem does NOT suggest that you consume this little amount of calories, as you are supposed to add in smart snacks throughout the day.

Yesterday my snacks were a cup of cherries, a cup of carrots and hummus, and string cheese. So I guess I can add more.

Yesterday I ate the banana nut muffin for breakfast, this was pretty good. I ate the cheese tortellini for lunch, it was not so good it tasted like the plastic container it came in. For dinner I had, chicken alfredo… and it was okay I guess, it didn’t really have a taste at all. For dessert I had the nutrisystem carrot cake… my thoughts on that… why bother.

Today for breakfast I stuck with the banana nut muffin again since I liked it yesterday. Today for lunch I had the chicken noodle soup. The soup was prefect. I am not sure what I will pick for dinner, my frozen foods are supposed to come today so maybe one of those!

For snacks so far today I have had the same thing as yesterday since that is all I have at work. Yesterday I did not do an afternoon snack so I will do so today!

This post my sound a little negative regarding the diet, but really it is okay. Just my raw thoughts from a long first day of starting the diet. Yesterday I spent most of the day thinking about what I could not eat, today has already been better.

No comments:

Post a Comment