I have been back to work for two weeks now... and pumping at work sucks! I know I wrote tons of post about this the first time around... But nothing has changed in this category pumping at work sucks and it definately takes some dedication especially since I am a teacher. And extra especially when the school changes up the daily schedule for end of the year standardized testing. UGH!
This time around I was a little more prepared when going back to work and knew what to expect with pumping. In the two weeks before I returned I spent time dropping pumps and getting on the schedule I would be during the day while working. It was nice to gradually adjust rather than just completely change over when I started working. This is what I did the first time around and it resulted in a huge supply decrease.
I pump right after lunch in clinic/nurse's office and have about 25 minutes to do so, this is just enough time to completely empty the breast. This is the only time I have been pumping at work (pump again as so as I get home).
This week we are on testing schedule and the rest of next week we are on testing schedule. It is the most random annoying schedule ever. We have 4 classes a day instead of 7, and there are 4 days where I have no breaks from students at all, other than 22 mins to eat lunch.
Today was the first day of testing schedule. Yesterday I spent my planning period staring at the testing schedule and completely stressing about how in the world I was going to be able to squeeze in a pump.
Since I only have a 22 min total break from students I do not physically have time to go to the nurses office, set-up, pump, clean up and get back. (Plus hope there is a open room for me!)
So today I locked myself in a closet and pumped! To my surprise... it wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be and there was a plug outlet so I didn't even need my battery pack.
The things we do... :)
;)


No comments:
Post a Comment