Wednesday, May 28, 2014

2nd Birthday Party

We celebrated P and N’s 2nd birthday party with a small family Elmo themed party. As I mentioned in an earlier post I did not plan to have a party for the twins since I really did not want the stress of hosting. My regular day is packed with non-stopped routine and I just didn’t want the stress of having a bunch of people at my house even if it was just family. Long story short, I ended up having a party for family anyways.


I severed ham biscuits, pasta salad, fresh strawberries and chicken nuggets and French fries for the kids. We had cake, ice cream, cupcakes, chocolate chip cookies and sugar cookies. All items were “homemade.” 
 Not that tossing French fries and nuggets in the oven is a big deal. But I know some people wouldn’t even attempt that. I always prefer to make things myself versus catered items. 



We set up corn hole and our jumpy ball house in the front yard along with our giant birthday cake for some photos.






My mom made a bunch of Elmo decorations and two games. Pin the nose on Elmo, where she had an assortment of the wrong color noses and she asked them to find Elmo’s nose and then they had to put it on the nose. She also had a cookie monster and they had to feed cookie monster.



Elmo Hats! They didn't stay on long.



 We had arts and crafts, Elmo coloring pages and a Sesame Street sticker project. The kids loved the games and crafts. So simple, but so prefect for the age group. P and N have 4 cousins that were at the party ages 4, 2, and a set of 20 month old twins.



For last minute it all came together and it was a great time… and of course I am glad I did it! 

They didnt want to take a picture...





And for fun... me with my mommy on my 2nd birthday!




No comments:

Post a Comment