It’s birthday time! So that means I am baking! I
teach high school cooking classes. “Cooking” is a loose term because everything
is so basic because kids these days (hahaha) really don’t know the basics. So I thought I would share some basic perfect
cookie tips with you from my class!
How
to make Perfect Cookies!
Follow these easy steps to make perfect cookies:
1. Always
follow recipe or packet directions. Baking is a science so it is important that
every step is followed per directions.
2. Preheat
the oven! Wait until oven has reached correct temperature before putting
cookies in the oven.
3. Set
a timer. Always set a timer when baking! Set to lowest end of cooking time
range and check. Once you know your oven you will start to know how long things
take.
4. Make
sure all the cookies are the same size! If they are different sizes some will
take longer to cook resulting in some cookies being burnt, hard, and some gooey.
I make sure the cookies are the same size by pinching the dough with two fingers
and rolling the cookies into balls in the palm of my hand.
5. Do
not put too many cookies on a cookie tray. Less is more. Put cookies in neat
rows of 3 or 4 with about 3 inches between each cookie. Most cookie trays will
hold 9 cookies. Use a second or third tray for additional cookies.
6. Do
not overcook. When you the pull the cookies out of the oven you want them to
look a little doughy they will harden as they cool.


No comments:
Post a Comment