Thursday, May 29, 2014

2 Year Check-up

Today Presley and Noah had their 2 year check up. No shoots until they are 5 (before they start school) because we didn't delay any. I realized today how nice that was because they were aware of the doctor this visit and were unsure of him listening to their chest, checking their ears, mouth, etc. So I was glad we didn't have to fight them/hold them down to get shots.

We did a little questionnaire that was a screen for Autism, it asked questions like does your child response to their name? does your child understand directions? does your child walk? does your child point and ask what things are? does your child stare into space? does your child plug their ears at loud noises? etc.

Their 2 year old stats.

Presley: Weight 25lbs, 25% Height 34 inches, 50%. Head 19 3/8 inches 90%.



Noah: Weight 27lbs, 25%. Height 33 1/8 inches, 10-25%, Head 20 1/4 97%.



When the Dr. came in he shut the door, which was blue and Noah said "blue door close." The doctor asked if he knew his colors to which I said yes they both do. So he started to point to things and ask them what colors they were. They both got them all right. No surprise to me they have known their colors for awhile. The doctor said they aren't expected to know their colors until they are 3.

The other day I put Presley's pink crocs on and she said, "no mama, no pink shoes, white shoes."

 The doctor asked Presley how old she was and she said "2!" Noah wouldn't answer him which surprised me because he is usually more likely to answer than Presley is. Noah will normally say "I two."

Noah also knows all of the alphabet (upper case) and Presley knows most. I didn't actually try to teach them the alphabet Noah just had an interest, starting with our ABC mat, then ABC magnets, and ABC foam letters for the tub. We have a couple of ABC books and he can go through the whole book and identity them all. We have some ABC flash cards and are now working on lower cases and sounds. He's the one that was really interested so I decided I should take it to the next level since he is so eager to learn. Presley is eager too, but is still working on correctly identity all the letters. The other thing with Presley is she is a little shy compared to Noah so sometimes she doesn't get a chance to try before Noah is shouting on an answer and trying to turn the page.

I know the 2's are known as terrible. But I don't want to be like that. The 2's are terrific and these 2 are so much fun to watch learn and grow... I see nothing terrible about it!



No comments:

Post a Comment