From a twin mom twice… this advice really comes from someone
else. I have gotten a lot of advice from other twin moms, but what I am about
to say is the one thing that stuck with me the most.
I don’t remember who told me this… but this small bit of wisdom…
this thought… this concept has helped me more than anything other advice,
information, or research. So I thought I should share it with you.
She said, “just remember you are only one person.”
From the moment you become a mom of multiples you are outnumbered.
I use “mom of multiples” I could be referring to twins, triples, etc, or just
having more than one child because I know going from 1 to 2 can be as equally
overwhelming has starting off with two. As I go into detail I will be talking
about my experience as a mom with no singletons… but two sets of twins.
From the moment I became a mom I was out numbered. I am only
one person no matter how many children I have. I physically am only capable of
so much but I must do an equal job of parenting of my children. They are
counting on me to do this for them.
I only have 2 arms, 2 hands, 2
legs…I am only one person. I am out numbered.
With each child your heart goes bigger for this I know for
sure. But still I am just one person.
So when times get overwhelming because I have 4 kids
screaming because they are hungry and I just got home from work and Daddy isn’t
home yet and I have to get food on the table as fast as possible. ..
I hear a little voice say “just remember you are only one
person.”
It is a nice and pleasant reminder in a moment of chaos.
I will get dinner on the table. I will calm them down. I
will make them happy. Not all at once because I am just one person. But all
will be good.
Because I am just one person, one special person, I am their
Mom!


No comments:
Post a Comment