This recipe couldn’t be any easier and couldn’t be any yummier. That is if Carolina style is your preference. Of course you can easily change the sauce based on personal taste.
What do you need?
· Pork Shoulder (I used a 8.5 lb one)
· Apple Cider Vinegar
· Carolina Style BBQ sauce I like the one by Sticky Fingers (I buy 3 bottles)
· 7 quart Crock Pot or larger
So here it goes… put pork shoulder in crock pot, pour apple cider vinegar in crock pot, I usually eye ball how much vinegar I use but I would say it is about 3 cups. Apple cider vinegar adds to the Carolina style-ness of the BBQ. Also vinegar is a natural meat tenderizer which is an added bonus to the goodness of this recipe. Then pour 1 bottle of Carolina Style Sauce in the crock pot. Turn crock pot on low for about 8 hours (depending on size of pork shoulder). For the birthday party I did this overnight. After 8 hours the meat should fall off the shoulder. I use a collider to drain out the juice and fat. Warning: it will be really hot, you may prefer to let it cool before doing this. I run my knife throughout the meat making sure to break it up and clean the shoulder bone completely. I then place the meat back in the crock pot and add a 2nd bottle of Carolina style sauce (since I just drained all the fat and juice). I place the Crock Pot on warm and serve. The 3rd bottle of Carolina Style sauce is for people to add to their individual sandwiches or serving.
For the birthday party, I used a 8.5lb pork shoulder in my 7 quart crock pot. It feed all 16 quests. People took some home with them and we had leftovers. We purchased 24 buns, ran out of them and still had more BBQ. So this recipe will easily feed a crowd.
As I posted in the “1st Birthday Party” post, this is a very easy low maintenance party food. It is ready before the party and stays fresh and warm throughout the party.
The 8.5lb cost about $17. So this is awesome cost efficient.
Give it a try… it is so easy and yummy. Invite some people over to help you eat it!
No comments:
Post a Comment