Thursday, May 30, 2013

Being Fat is...

You know what’s fun, teaching about weigh, BMI, and nutrition when you do not feel good about yourself or your body. I definitely have some weight to lose post babies. This has been a frustrating topic and situation for me. 6 weeks postpartum I had lost about 27lbs. Little did I know… this was a result of my thyroid disease. I had swung into an extremely hyper phase which caused me to drop the weight pretty quickly, the bad thing about this is that it damage my thyroid gland even more. My thyroid gland now does not function on it’s own. This caused me to swing back into a very hypo phase and the low dose of hormone replacement I was taking did not help. Since then I have put back on about 10 of those pounds lost. My thyroid is still not regulated and now that I am switching to a natural med in the hope of feeling better again it will be a longer process.

I will do new labs in mid-June and hope to add more natural med or switch completely to natural meds after these results.

Getting my hormone levels control is the first step to losing and maintaining my pregnancy weight.

I have hashimoto. 

From webmd: In people with Hashimoto's, the immune system attacks the thyroid. This can lead to hypothyroidism, a condition in which the thyroid does not make enough hormones for the body's needs.

Located in the front of your neck, the thyroid gland makes hormones that control metabolism. This includes your heart rate and how quickly your body uses calories from the foods you eat.

This summer I want to get tan and skinny. More to come about this…

No comments:

Post a Comment