My babies eat real people food and lots of it! They eat a wide variety of foods and it can vary on a daily basis depending on what we are eating or doing that day. But here is what a typical day and food schedule looks like.
We are still formula feeding 24 ounces a day. At the twin’s last check-up (9 months) the doctor said it would be okay for us to switch over to whole milk at 1 year (which is in a 11 days, ekk). However, I feel Mama knows best and I am going to keep them on the toddler formula a little longer and make the switch over to whole milk gradually verses the cold turkey approach. I also plan to use the toddler formula this summer when we travel as it will be easier to keep on a long road trip.
7:30 – 6 oz bottle of Enfamil Toddler, cheerios and, greek yogurt usually blueberry flavor (blueberries are 1 of the 10 best foods to be part of a baby’s diet). See this link for more information . Sometimes usually weekends, they will eat scrambled cheese eggs for breakfast.
12:00 – 6 oz bottle of Enfamil Toddler, grill cheese,or cheese toast, or a opened faced sandwich which includes a slice of whole wheat bread, a slice of turkey, with a piece of cheese on top toasted in the toaster oven (cut with kitchen scissors into tiny squares), puffs or some type of other finger foods, they love baby gold fish but like to balance out the cheese so may give this with dinner. They also have organic no sugar added applesauce with lunch and depending on what other fruit we have they will eat this as well. Banana, avocado, and we still use jar fruit every now and then.
4:00- 6oz bottle of Enfamil Toddler
5:30 – Dinner, depending on what we are eating for dinner they will eat this, just cut into small pieces, if we are eating something not baby friendly (ie something spicy or convenient/ not healthy) we will feed the babies jarred baby dinners from Earth’s Best and/or whole wheat toast. This is also the time that I try to make sure that makes get a nice serving of vegetables. I make a vegetable mix, by steaming carrots, peas, green beans, and broccoli and then run them to the baby blender so they get a nice mixed serving of veggies. I have tried to steam and leave carrots and peas on their high chairs for them to self-feed but they drop most of them and spit them out of their mouths --- this is why I am still mashing them. I have also been making the babies and vegetable pizza (recipe to follow) for dinner some nights.
7/7:30 – 6oz bottle of Enfamil Toddler – sometimes if the babies are too fussy they may go to bed without this bottle, for example last night they were telling me they were ready for bed at 6pm, so I gave them a bath, put on their pjs and they were out as soon as I placed them in their cribs. They did not wake up until normal time this morning.
And that is the basics common things the babies are eating now-a-days.
No comments:
Post a Comment