Friday, May 24, 2013

Birthday planning



I have been busy planning for the big 1stbirthday! I decided to take the low key approach to the birthday party, months ago when having some personal emotions struggles over the event. 


I think those emotions have subsided and I am excited about the day and amazed about how incredibly fast this past year went.

 

Unfortunately what they say is true… it won’t last for long, it will go by in the blink of an eye, they won’t be a baby long, they won’t be a baby forever. So cherish those long nights and days because one day you will miss them. Tear. For real tears…


Anyways I have been busy in the kitchen today.  I’m so thankful to have access to a 5 kitchen station work area. I made several desserts in only a couple of hours from start to finish, thanks to the 5 stations and a special student helpers. J

 

Our party is planned for, 4pm, based on the twins’ nap schedule. We are doing a small family birthday party and originally I wanted to do a dessert party. But felt lame only offering dessert at a 4pm party that was likely going to push into dinner time. Then we thought okay we will do a cook out. Then I vetoed that idea because I don’t want my husband to spend the whole party slaving over the grill.

 

So I am going to whip up some homemade bbq, homemade mac and chasse, store bought baked beans and coleslaw. I am going to put it in the crock pot tonight so that tomorrow there are no worries! Way easier and cheaper than a bunch of finger foods.

 

Dessert and BQ sounds good to me!

 

Here are some kitchen pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment