My husband and I are beyond blessed to have both of our
parents living in the same city as us! They have been a huge help with us and
our children. Both sets of grandparents are very hands on and love our children
to pieces.
This past weekend my in-laws kept all four of our kiddos at
their house over night! What a treat! We brought them over to their house after
nap time on Friday afternoon and headed east to the beach. We booked a hotel in
Virginia Beach for one night. But before heading to the beach we stopped at
Busch Gardens since we had the season pass from P and N’s Birthday. There was
no one there! We rode all the major rollercoasters and a couple of other rides –
what I discovered about this trip was I don’t really like rollercoasters
anymore. When I was on the rollercoasters I didn’t feel much trill… I used to
LOVE rollercoasters… instead I was wondering if I was going to get sick the
whole time instead of the normal rush of excitement and fear. I am wondering if
I am not far enough postpartum for this… or if this is the new me. I don’t really
want to be the mom that stands and watches versus riding with her kids… so I am
hoping I will like them again or can at least continue to put up with them!
After spending only about 2 hours at Busch Gardens we left
and headed to the beach. We checked into the hotel, showered and got dressed
for dinner. We headed to Harpoon Larry’s for dinner. Before children Mike and I
would go to Virginia Beach for the weekend on a very regular basis. One summer
we went almost every single weekend. Harpoon Larry’s is our favorite place for
seafood dinners and drinks. It is a small locals place and just has a great
beachy feel that isn’t too touristy. If you are ever in the area I highly
recommend it.
After dinner we were tempted to hit some bars but opted out.
We both wanted a good night sleep so that we go get up early and hit the beach.
Grandparent's sent us this picture while we were at the beach. Mike nor I know who is who in this photo. Also this is an odd stroller combo... but hey they are rockstars for taking them of a walk!

We slept in… which to us means 8:30 am, we were going to go
to our favorite place for breakfast/bunch but decided we wanted to get out on the
beach instead so we opted for the free hotel breakfast. This was so funny to me
because of how much our beach attitude has changed… we had to leave that
afternoon to head back to our kiddos so beach time was all the mattered!
We checked out of the hotel, moved our car to an all-lot, and
were on the beach just before 10am. The weather was absolutely prefect. It was
sunny with clear skies and the high 80 degrees so not too hot or chilly, the visibility
was 10 mileages, and the UV index was 10! So both our pales selves got some sun
in just a few hours and maybe a little burnt in a couple of places I missed my
sun tan lotion… whoops… my poor feet and a spot where my bathing suit top
moved!
We pushed off lunch as long as possible because again we didn’t
want to miss ANY beach time. By 2:30pm we were both hungry so we headed to
lunch. Lunch at the beach always takes way longer than planed and we didn’t get
back to the beach until 4 at the time we had to pack up and head back to the
kiddos.
It was a GREAT weekend and much needed break/couples
weekend!



No comments:
Post a Comment