We live in a 4 bedroom house... sounds plenty big. Problem is the 4th and largest bedroom is downstairs and we want to be on the same level with the kids. Which leaves us with 3 bedrooms upstairs... one of which is tiny and we used as an office.
Here are a few before pictures.




When I thought about having another child... I measured the room and starting playing around with nursery ideas and furniture pieces since I knew I wouldn't be able to have all the things I wanted in a nursery when I planned for P and N's nursery. Looks different now than in the beginning and is even different now than this picture as it was taken a few months ago (their room is not photo worthy at the moment). But P and N are still in cribs and I am still using their changing table.
P and N's room.
Max and Eli's bedroom is a 10X10 the smallest size room you can consider a bedroom. The workable space is much smaller because of the placement of the room's door, closet door and window with a sill that sticks out about 4 inches. I knew I could make it work with the essentials, a dresser, crib, changing table, but there was simply no room for a chair or a bookshelf.
P and N's room.
Max and Eli's bedroom is a 10X10 the smallest size room you can consider a bedroom. The workable space is much smaller because of the placement of the room's door, closet door and window with a sill that sticks out about 4 inches. I knew I could make it work with the essentials, a dresser, crib, changing table, but there was simply no room for a chair or a bookshelf.
When we found out it was twins again... I knew this was going to be hard... and I didn't know if I would be able to design the room to be aesthetically pleasing. By design rules a 10X10 room should only accommodate a twin size bed.
After endlessly searching the internet to find small furniture pieces based on my available wall space measurements I found a tall dresser, changing table, and cribs that I knew would all fit in the space but would be tight.
Dresser (or chest of drawers) found here... the size was prefect and we have the matching dresser in P and N's room so we thought it could later become a full set for one of them.

Changing table found here... it is not the smallest out there but only a inch or so bigger than the smallest one I came across. I choose this one because I got it for free using my kohls cash from my BOB purchase.

Cribs found here. Smallest full size crib out there at the time of my search. It is only an inch bigger on each size than a standard crib mattress. $100 bucks can't beat it and I love the modern look! I also loved how this looked without bumpers since I decided I wasn't wasting my money on them this time.

We purchased the changing table and cribs but they sat in their boxes in our mud room for months...since I knew the room would be tight and the babies would not be sleeping in the cribs for the first few months.
During the newborn stage you spend a lot of time going in and out of the nursery and I wanted as much open space as possible. So for the beginning their room was so simple and basic. We used a pack and play as our changing station and two rock n plays for them to sleep in, along with their dresser for clothes. That was it! Simple and it worked prefect.
This is what the room looked like for the first 5 months! (I know I took a picture but can't find at the moment)
The twins are rolling in their sleepers now so we knew it was time for the cribs! Last night Mike and I built the cribs. Mike built the changing table before we left for the beach since we needed the pack n play for the trip. We probably should have built the cribs a little sooner but the beach was the thing that delayed us, because we only have two pack n plays which P and N slept in during the vacation and we needed M and E to sleep in the rock n plays while we were at the beach.
Anyways enough of my blah, blah, it's time for pictures. Just wanted to note that we will be rehanging all the pictures as well as adding some needle point gifts to the walls. All the pictures were just hung on nails that were already in the wall from the office.We also made some red, white, and blue, wooden airplane mobiles that I need to add to room as well.
I almost didn't want to take pictures today since the nursery is not "done" but couldn't wait. . I will update when we do!
Theme Airplanes. Colors: Red, White, and Blue!
Pictures! For real this time!

For now I have them touching... I'll let you know how this goes in a couple of months. I have a little room to pull them apart but like they way the look touching better.

Okay I must admit seeing this picture makes me want to get a new hamper in the color scheme!








Artwork by my mom



Curtains

Needle point by my Aunt and we have two others by Mike's Aunt.

I believe everything else is already linked in!


No comments:
Post a Comment