Saturday, July 26, 2014

"The Lord has done great things for us, and we are filled with joy." Psalm 126:3

Today we took the family to the zoo. Little did we know we would turn in to one of the exhibits. I am no stranger to the attention we drawl when we are out in about with everyone in tow. I mean I guess it is not everyday you see a family with four very little kids. We drawl interest and million questions:

Are they all yours?
What's the age difference?
Are they all twins?
Are you having more?
Were you planning this?
How do you do?
Do twins run in your family?
How did you do it? ---> (best answer: SEX... shuts them up real fast and then they realize the question they are asking a complete stranger)


Today was a little different then normal which is why I am writing about it in the first place. For some reason today I felt like I was part of a freak show... and the funniest thing was that I do not think most of the people who commented even realized that we had two sets of twins because Presley and Noah were running on their own.

We decided to only push one double stroller because the last couple of zoo trips we have went out P and N really wanted doing to do with it. So we were stuck pushing two stroller and chasing two toddlers. So today I said only one stroller.

Mike was pushing Max and Eli and I was wrangling Presley and Noah because they ONLY wanted Mommy.

From the moment we walked into the zoo the comments kept coming... and when people are making these comments they are not always saying them directly to us which makes them even more annoying and weird.

One of the first things that happened was when we were looking at the monkeys. A farther directed his children to "look, look, look at the twins, there is twins! see they look the same!!!" His kids then proceeded to look and point at my babies instead of the monkeys. It was so weird.

Mike turned to me and said, "wow our kids are part of the exhibit."  He couldn't have been more right about that comment because things that like kept happening the whole time we were there.

We got a number of the usual "you got your hands full," "double trouble," "better you than me."

We also got comments from two pregnant women who truly are lucky I was able to hold my tongue too.

1st pregnant women didn't really look pregnant yet. She was more at the awkward phase where you look fat but not pregnant. My first thought was I guess she wants me to know she is pregnant and not fat. But anyways she started looking and us making direct eye contact as she was walking by saying a whole lot of chatting. "Oh no, Oh no, thank you lord, only one bun in this oven, so glad there is only one bun in this oven, thank you lord" and on and on and on.

The second women was pretty pregnant and said "Oh god I am glad that's not me."

 I mean I guess people don't think when they say things and I know they have no clue that they are the 1000th person who has said something along those lines and well it gets old and I don't always want to smile and laugh at your small talk about me.

These comments are so annoying. I want to shout out at them I am lucky! I am blessed! I love my babies! My twos sets! I am glad it is me and not you! You are not special enough! AHHHHH! Or something like that.


My children, my double miracles, my double surprises are a blessing they are not a burden. I am thankful and happy for them every minute of everyday and I am so glad God choose me to be their mom.


"The Lord has done great things for us, and we are filled with joy." Psalm 126:3





2 comments:

  1. Love this post! I have B/G twins who will be 4 tomorrow and get the same crazy comments from people some days it doesn't bother me others it drives me crazy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey "Crazy!" Can I borrow your name? Hehe. I am glad I am not alone on this feeling. It is one thing when they are curious and polite.. but the others def drive me crazy! I am excited to check out your blog!

      Delete