Thursday, July 31, 2014

Cooking with Tots: Pizza


I teach high school Family and Consumer Sciences classes also known as "Home Ec." I teach several cooking classes. 90% of my students do not know how to boil water. That is not a joke. I wish it was.

There is no way my kids will follow that trend. We have been "cooking" together on a daily basis. They are only two years old but are capable of a lot in the kitchen. They are at the age where they are interested in what you are doing.

I would say most people who can't cook only "can't"  because of a fear of cooking and/or a lack of exposure to simple cooking.

I am going to start sharing some of the things I do with my 2 year old twins because they are easy, simple, and fun for them!

A lot of the things we have been doing over summer break are purchased as a hand on activity for them to do!

Having the twins make a pizza has to be the easy thing in the world. Don't go getting yourself all impressed. I purchased per-made crush, sauce, and cheese.

So it does not take a rocket scientist to figure out how to make a pizza.

When cooking with tots (and high school students) it does take some simple planning... like... I put the cheese and sauce in a bowl before letting them get started. (I do the same for the high school students.) Don't just give them the jar or bag of cheese and think they can handle it.

So anyways... they made pizza! The best part was tonight at dinner they told daddy what they made for lunch and they could even tell him how they made it!




No comments:

Post a Comment