Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Bathtub Remodel!

Oh my gosh I am so excited. Our bathtub is getting replaced tomorrow. This was rescheduled from two weeks ago and everyday since then I have been thinking I can't wait for this to be redone. The seal on the tub started to crack and then rust... and boy did it happen fast! In just the last couple of months the amount of rust has tripled! Cleaning didn't real help. On top of the rust the tub has a mildew problem. Since we moved into this house I have been cleaning this tub like crazy because I cannot stand the sight of mildew.

So for the last two weeks I haven't cleaned the tub at all. This is crazy to me. But I said I am not going to stress about it we are getting a new one!

 The new tub is going to be one piece so there will be no seal and it has a lifetime guaranty against mildew and mold! So this very exciting to me!

I had to comprise the design I really wanted since...we don't plan to be in this house forever so we don't need to spend a lot of money making it custom. So the design is kind of plain Jane. But this will help with the resale and we will still get to enjoy it before we sell.

So here are the BEFORE pictures. Looking at them makes me think OMG, I can't believe my tub looked like that... GROSS! Mind you I haven't cleaned it in two weeks and there is a bath on the bottom of the tub that hinds the rust... so it didn't always look this bad to me.

BUT ah I am just excited to have it redone! I hope it doesn't let me down!

Right after Bath.
 Funny just last week our towel rack broke, the block was ceramic and I guess in cracked, it just fell on the floor and broke. So we got new towel racks too.


 Mildew, yuck.
Mildew ewh 




                                               Oh my look at all the rust! YUCK!


Bye, bye, gross tub! 


 We are getting a new curved shower rod too! See the rust!
 And a new shower head. I hate this one, I had one I loved... but Mike switched it to this to hose of babies during bath!




No comments:

Post a Comment