The specialist told me there was a good chance that I would be on bed-rest by 28 weeks. At 28 weeks my body will feel like I am 36 weeks pregnant (if I were carrying a singleton). So around 28 weeks is when I will have to start restricting my activity – this could include strict bed-rest, only time will tell. Just another wait and see game!
This means I have to get everything done before 28 weeks! 28 weeks is the week of April 19th. So of course the nursery is the first thing on the list! We got to start this project this weekend which is really exciting. Starting the nursery has also really caused reality to set it… seeing two cribs sitting in the room… means OMG I will have two babies in four months! WHOA!
At first I wanted to go with a gender neutral theme so everything could match. Mike got upset with that idea. He looked at me and said “I want to celebrate a girl and a boy!” How in the world could I argue with that? He is so right. We are having a little girl and a little boy and we are going to celebrate both!
Mike and I have purchased the Harper bedding from Pottery Barn Kids in pink and navy. We got the polka dot sheets along with the elephant sheets. I really love the elephant sheets as elephants are a sign of good luck. White elephants are symbolic of patience and wisdom. We have the bumpers but the bedding was ordered and should be arriving shortly.
Picture of the Harper Pink bedding from the Pottery Barn website.
Picture of the Harper Pink bedding from the Pottery Barn website.
Picture of the Harper Navy from the Pottery Barn website.
We also got cribs this weekend! We opened up the cribs to check them out and for me to get a starting picture...
I went to bed Friday night and just assumed we would put them together Saturday morning.I woke up in the middle of the night to use the restroom and to my surprise Mike had built both of them. I told him he built the cribs for the twins while I built the twins by sleeping! Pretty fair huh?
Now to pick out a paint color and decorate!!! I have so many ideas I can’t wait to see them unfold! WOOOOWHO!
XoXo,
Heather


No comments:
Post a Comment