I am definitely on a save a money kick. I have always had
frugal ways, but this time it is deeper, this time it different. This time it
is on my mind 24/7 and I am trying to cut expenses and save money in every area
of our spending. I have been searching the internet a lot for money saving
ideas most of the things I have come across I already do. But some I have added
some new things into our lives. If you
are not already doing so you can save with these simple changes.
1.
Budget every area of your spending
2.
Do not eat out. (We have allowed a small budget
for this but we use to eat out all the time.)
3.
Coupon, shop sales, before going to buy
something search for sales or coupons (Kroger: I check coupons online and add them
to my card before my shopping trip 5 minutes to look = big savings)
4.
Make a list before shopping and stick to it.
5.
Wash your clothes in cold water (less energy
cost and lengthens the life of your clothes)
6.
Turn off lights when you leave a room (I am
driving my husband crazy with this one)
7.
Look at your bills can save money on insurance? Interest
rates?
8.
Shop where you earn rewards (gas points)
9.
Sell used items you are not using (HELLO BABY
CLOTHES) Made $200 last month alone.
10.
Buy children’s clothes that you know have resale
value in the end you are saving money.
11.
Shop a year ahead, buy clothes at end of season
clearance, wear the next year, and then sale the next year for close to what
you paid.
12.
Redbox instead of Netflix or ON Demand (be sure
to return on time!)
13.
Bye Bye Amazon Prime (Back to couponing for
diapers after they raised the membership I couldn’t justify it!) And now my 2
year olds are potty trained!
14.
Use home cleaning products (white vinegar!)
15.
Cook from scratch (use whole chicken instead of
cut pieces more on this later posts)
16.
Do not pay for memberships to wholesale clubs (if
you do calculate your breakeven point and ask… is it worth it?)
17.
Shop generic (I have a few products that I
prefer name brand… but that extra money would look better sitting in your
savings)
No comments:
Post a Comment