We started off day two in the same way. Woke up (no poop) and started the day naked waste down. Today I decided I was really going to get Presley to go pee in the potty. On day 1 she would not pee in the potty but she had no accidents. I gave them lots of water on Day 1 but I am not sure they drank anymore than normal. So on Day 2, I decided I was going to give them chocolate milk, they have had it before... but we have never had it at our house, they have had at their grandparents and maybe out to eat.
So I made chocolate milk and they loved it and downed it.... and I gave them more and more!
Noah was peeing all morning on the potty and getting chocolate chip after chocolate chip, sometimes peeing so often it was so little it really would not dump out of the potty. But hey he felt like he had to pee and he did pee a tiny bit.
Presley still would not go pee in the potty. I knew she had to pee and I was just waiting for the accident. Which at this point I knew would be a teachable moment.
At lunch time I put them in their high chairs and I had a feeling this is when the accident would happen and it did. During lunch she peed all over the place.
She screamed, "oh no! wet! oh no mama, pee pee!"
To which I said, "oh Presley you had to go pee pee, that's what mommy wants you to do in the potty." I assured it was okay and didn't make a big deal out it. I cleaned her up and let her finish her lunch.
They went down for nap with a diaper and both woke wet and with poops.
After nap I repeated naked form the waste down.
I asked them to sit on the potty and go potty several times like I had been doing before. But now Presley was completely refusing to even sit on the toilet. She kicked it, hit at it, etc.
I just ignored it, didn't push it, and kept going with Noah would was interested and enjoying his chocolate chips.
Presley did not have and accident after nap, but she wouldn't even sit on the toilet for me anymore. She was frustrated I am guessing by her earlier accident she now wanted nothing to do with potty training.
I think Presley didn't know how to go pee pee in the potty so she wanted some extra attention like her brother was getting from going potty so she decided she would seek negative attention by kicking, hitting, and throwing her potty... but I just ignored it completely.
She also demanded a tutu which took away from the naked from the waste down but whatever.
No comments:
Post a Comment