So I got them dressed with a shirt only. No pants, no diapers, no underwear, just naked waste down. I told them today we are going to use the potty no diapers!
I sat their potty chairs on the kitchen floor and told them to sit on them and go potty. They both sat on them but did not use them.
I made breakfast and went about our day as normal. Just periodically asking them to sit on the potty and then saying going pee pee in the potty. I also encouraging drinking my giving them lots of water.
Noah went pee several times the first morning. Luckily I had chocolate chips in the freezer so each time he went potty I gave him one.
Presley would not pee in the potty. But she went crazy when I gave Noah and chocolate chip for going potty and did not give her one. I explained to her when you go pee pee in the potty you will get a chocolate chip.
She would scream NOOOOOO! and throw herself on the ground and a whole lot of other dramatics. I thought boys were suppose to be the harder ones to potty train? Not in my case!
Lunch time rolled around and Presley had still not peed in the potty but she also did not have an accident.
I feed them lunch and before nap time I got them to sit on the potty again... Presley still nothing.
I put them down for nap with a diaper on and they both woke up soaked.
I repeated the process again and Noah continue to pee in the potty each time with no accidents. Presley did not pee in the potty at all on Day 1 but she also did not have any accidents. So that girl can hold her pee!
Noah on Day 1 did not poop, just pee, I also feel on day 1, Noah was only peeing in the potty because I was asking him too and then rewarding him each time.
I don't know if I gave him the chance to go to the potty on his own... since I was constantly say hey Noah can you go pee pee in the potty. He would say yes and got sit and pee.
Day 1 went surprisingly well for Noah... but Presley was not on board yet. As most people would say she just isn't ready yet... But I would say no accidents is a huge sign that she can hold her pee long enough to go potty in a real potty and not a diaper!
No comments:
Post a Comment