Today was Potty Training Day 4.
Today started with underwear and shortly later we had wet underwear. I didn't want to start in underwear that was all daddy... but it did lead to a teachable moment that I think made a huge difference by the end of the day and I think it will be a complete game changer in this whole potty training thing.
So after the peeing in the underwear shortly after they got them on. I took them off and said something like, "you have to tell mommy when you have to go potty and you have to pull down your underwear first, you don't want to pee on thomas/dora, they don't like that," etc.
My plan was to let them go naked. Noah was fine with this. But Presley demanded a diaper so I gave her one.
Noah continued to go pee in the potty all morning.
At nap time I put diapers on them and put them down for nap. They both woke with a pee and poop. After nap Presley demanded a diaper.
And then Noah demanded one too. His sister was wearing one... why does he have to be naked and his sister gets a diaper!
So here I am afternoon of potty training day 4 and they both have diapers on.
I was thinking so much for this... when Noah almost at the same time came over and said, "Mama, diaper off, Noah, pee pee."
I ripped the diaper off and he ran over to the potty and peed! I was so proud and he knew it! I gave him a chocolate chip like normal.
I asked him if he wanted to put his diaper back on and he said no. He continued to go pee and stayed naked waste down.
Presley stayed in her diaper.
After dinner Presley came over and said, "Mama, diaper off." I quickly took it off and she went and sat on the potty and peed... and it was a HUGE pee... like she filled that little potty seat up!
I almost couldn't believe it had happened! I made sure to show her praise... this all happened while Mike was taking out the trash... I was trying to keep the built up, up while we waited for him to come back in. I told her you have to tell daddy, etc, etc.
The dog was running down the road and he had to chase her.
Before Mike got back in the house Noah sat on the potty and took a poop!
So when my husband came back in the house we were all excited to report Presley went pee pee in the potty and Noah pooped in the potty!
So there it is Day 4 of potty training and we have defiantly had some things click! At the start of the day I thought our potty training journey was almost over and at the end of the day I thought OMG THEY GOT IT!
This potty training stuff seems like a lot of two steps forward two steps back... hints the statement I said in my first potty training post about not wanting to train until they were three.
"Start at 2 done by 3. Start at 3 done by 3."
I am definitely interested to see how tomorrow goes. I plan to start them both in underwear... I hope I havent jinxed anything by talking about it!
No comments:
Post a Comment