Thursday, August 7, 2014

Potty Training Day 3

Noah really had going pee down. He went every time I asked him and even went a few times on his own.

 The morning of Day 3 Presley was okay being naked waste down but still refused to sit on the potty. She just had no interested what so ever in training. Presley still had no accidents that morning.

She also didn't seem to care that Noah was getting treats and she wasn't. I thought for sure seeing her brother get all the treats would motivate her to go potty. NOPE!

I put them down for nap with a diaper and when they woke up they were both wet and had pooped.

I called Mike during nap time and told him I really think Noah has this potty training thing down. I think the next step is underwear. Mike got excited and said ok can I take him to pick out underwear. I was a little jealous, because I wanted to take him to do this (I mean I am the one doing all the work during the day to train) but I thought it was cute.... so I said yes.

So after nap, Mike took Noah shopping and he picked out Thomas the Train underwear.

I was home with Presley (and babies) while Mike took Noah shopping... and Presley now demanded to wear a diaper. So by the afternoon of Day 3 Presley had completely lost intrest in potty training and was now demanding a diaper.

Noah and Mike got home and Noah was so excited about his Thomas the Train underwear. We explained that when you go pee pee in the potty you do not have to wear a diaper you get to wear underwear.

Daddy got a picture!

Displaying IMG_20140806_164005_759.jpg


Displaying IMG95201408069517054195714.jpg

Presley immediately got mad that she did not have any underwear! And ding a light bulb went off... I had another in with her, she was interested in potty training again!

Luckily, we already had Dora the Explorer (she is obsessed with her) underwear from her older cousin so I went and grabbed a pair for Presley and put them on her.

So during the afternoon of Day 3 of potty training they were both in big kid underwear.

I would say within 30 minutes of the underwear they had both peed in them. See that is why I like the idea of nothing on... because they know nothing is there and they cant just go pee. With the underwear on they don't think about it differently than a diaper and they pee, a teachable moment, but it leads to more accidents. This is why I favored the method of naked training at first.

After they peed in their underwear I just took them off I didn't want to go through that again and we don't have that many pairs of underwear for constant accidents. I did tell them "oh no you got thomas wet, you got dora wet, don't pee pee on thomas/dora they don't like it."

So they spent the rest of the evening naked from the waste down and had no accidents.

No comments:

Post a Comment