We started the day in underwear and both were on board including Presley! They both pee in the potty several times an understood they had to pull their underwear down first.


When I put their underwear on them I told them something along the lines of this is big girl/boy underwear, you can't go pee pee in this, this is not a diaper, you will get wet, you don't want to get dora/thomas wet they will be sad.
They went all morning without any accidents.
But as I was making lunch they started to play their favorite game which is to chase each other up and down the hall full speed and scream and laugh.
I thought they are going to pee on themselves... and just has I had that thought Presley came running over to tell me... oh no mama dora wet, Pres peed on Dora, Dora sad. Then Noah in my opinion kind of copied sister.
He said, Oh no mama Nono wet too and he was... but it was a dripple.
So I took both of their underwear off and said oh no they are dirty now we cant wear them because they are dirty and wet. I kept them naked, feed them lunch, and then put them down for nap with a diaper on.
When they got up from nap, Presley had a poop and Noah was just wet.
After nap I put them both in underwear again and repeat what I had told them earlier about not peeing on Dora and Thomas.
The afternoon wet well too. We had several success of both Presley and Noah telling us (my grandma is in town staying at our us) they had to go pee and asking for help with their underwear.
After dinner I was cleaning up and they started their chase game again... and Presley wetted her underwear so I took them off.
Noah did not wet his underwear.
Before bath and bed... Noah pooped in the potty twice.
So we had a lot of process today with adding the underwear. We had less accidents when they were naked.... but Presley is way more into the whole process because she is wearing underwear.
They both really get the concept of how I have to pull the underwear down to go pee pee. But I think since it is so new they had accidents because with the underwear on they have to learn that it is not a diaper and if they pee they will get wet.
This is definitely a journey... but really this hasn't been too bad, they are doing great and it has been very low stress/effort.
No comments:
Post a Comment