I turned the pump off and showed Mike what they told me to do when I called the help hotline. I took the face plate off to re-snap it because I was told if it wasn't down all the way (in all three spots) it would leak air... which is what it sounded like was happening (comparing sounds to the symphony).
I took the front plate off and continued to explain to Mike the trouble shooting I did on the phone. I told him that they explained to me that the center round circle moves in and out and that is the only thing that could cause the pump to break. I told him they told me to look to see if it was ripped. Which I thought it wasn't. And they told me that, that was the only thing on the pump that could cause it to break. If it was a loss of suction it could be the replaceable parts. I replaced all the parts and I still had a loss of suction/broken pump.
So as I am explaining this to Mike he says "look, it is ripped looked right here!" It was ripped on the seem and I didn't see it or notice it until Mike pointed it out! Ugh! I was so mad! Why didn't I see that the the first time?!?
All the stress I went through thinking my milk had dried up and really my pump broke in 6 months time!
And then the $90 and headache I went through to rent a pump!
I immediately called Medela. It was Saturday and they were closed for the day. So I didn't get to call until today after work.
Thankfully it was an easy phone call. I explained everything... and they are shipping me a BRAND NEW PUMP!
It will be here by Wednesday.
Medela has amazing costumer service and stands by their warranties. I recommend Medela brand for this reason.
Below are pictures of the part that was broke as you can see it is hard to tell that there is a hole there. Luckily my husband has a good eye!
Hope this helps someone!
Heather
What it looks like without press on it... normal to me... why I didn't notice the rip.
When you touch it! You can easily see the rip.




No comments:
Post a Comment