Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Life insurance

We finally got our private life insurance! I have some protection with work… but it would only help so much if something were to happen to me.

I once read a quote that said… something like… you know you’re a parent when…. you were once scared of nothing and now you are scared of everything.

I think about dying. I think about what my family would do without me. I think about Mike dying. What the heck would I do without him?!? I need him!

When I got pregnant I started thinking about death, a lot actually. I have always been a little afraid of and uncomfortable with the whole topic.

This has been strongly on my mind for about a year and of course the CT incident intestines this. Tomorrow is NOT promised.

After months of getting quotes and blood work… we signed the papers and made our first payment yesterday.

So now at least if something were to happen to me or Mike or the twins… we will have a lot to worry about but finances will not be one of the worries.

If you have a family I think life insurance is one easy thing you can do to provide for your loved ones after you are gone.

The next thing on the list… a will…

No comments:

Post a Comment