Monday, December 31, 2012

Christmas 2012 Recap!

I have really enjoyed having this time off from work to spend with my family. It is flying by faster than ever. I don’t go back until January 7th, but know that will be here in the blink of an eye.

So I am going to try to do a little Christmas Recap post.

I am typing this as Miss PR sits in my lap… so here goes nothing.

I worked until Friday December 21st and that night I did some shopping for our Christmas dinner. I hit up Target, Costco and Kroger.

Saturday December 22nd I spent the morning with my bestie, Hannah. Saturday evening we made the trip up to my grandmother’s house to spend the night with her and the babies.

Sunday December 23rd we went to church with my grandmother and that evening we had Christmas number 1 with my grandmother, aunt and uncle, cousin and his wife, and my mom and brother.

Monday December 24th we spent the morning cleaning the house and doing prep work, baking, and light cooking for our Christmas dinner. That evening we had Christmas #2 with the in-laws.
                                                                                                                                    
Tuesday December 25th, Christmas day! We spent the morning opening gifts in cycles. The babies needed naps in between gifts. Then my parents, brother, and grandmother came over for Christmas dinner. We spent the evening eating amazing food, opening gifts, playing with babies, and enjoying wine!

The babies first Christmas was packed full of good times. So many people told me since it was their first Christmas I could get away without buying them any gifts because they wouldn’t know the difference. They were right that they wouldn’t have known the difference but I am so glad I didn’t listen! Because it was so much fun to see them rip the paper off (yes they actually did), eat the paper, and then watch their eyes grow when a fun toy was exposed to them!


Santa brought them Boy/Girl Twin Leap Frog Puppies Scout and Violet, PJs, their first piano, stroller toys, bath wash, and Fisher Price crawling snail!

The twins got so many other great gifts from friends and family… I had to buy them a toy organizer.
Christmas was exciting!

xoxo,
Heather





No comments:

Post a Comment