I have been watching TLC “Make Room for Multiplies” and there are many stories about triplets. And I have caught myself asking, “how do they do it.” But I mainly mean how do they deal with all people staring and asking questions all the time?!?
How is it having twins?
It’s awesome! It’s the best gift in the world. Yes it is hard. But so is having one baby. Most of the time only one of the babies is giving us a hard time… the tricky part is usually when you get the fussy baby calmed the other one starts up! They like to take turns.
What did we do when we found out we were having twins?
It didn’t seem real. It didn’t seem like my life. I remember laying on the table during the ultrasound right after the two heartbeats where revealed and looking at Mike’s teary eyed face and thinking “Is this real, am I dreaming, me twins?!”
As we left the ultrasound appointment the reality started to set in. It wasn’t a dream, we weren’t having one baby… we were having two.
There were so many emotions running through us Mike and I didn’t know what to do.
So we stood in the parking lot and both puked.
People were walking Mike… staring. If only they knew what we had just found out!
Did you have fertility treatment?
This is another RUDE question strangers think they are entitled to know. The answer is no. Mike and I were married for two months when we got pregnant with the twins. We knew we wanted a family. But I wouldn’t say we really trying to get pregnant. We said, “let’s just see what happens” and twins is what happened.
These are the random questions strangers asked on regular, very regular bases! If you have twins… I know you can relate! What did I forget?
Those are most of the big ones. I got "I don't know how you do it" today.
ReplyDeleteIt's not a question but I get "Wow, you have your hands full!" all the time. I swear I got that comment 5 times in one trip to Walgreens.