Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Oh how my life has changed...

I wanted to start this blog a while ago... but hey I have a lot going on!

On Halloween Mike and I found out I was pregnant! We weren’t expecting it to happen so soon or so fast but it did! We couldn’t be happier about being young parents. When we found out we told our parents and that was it. We weren’t going to tell anyone until the end of the first trimester, aka the “safe zone” but when we found out it was twins… well that was a total game changer.

 On November 28th at 8 weeks, I had my first ultrasound where we found out it was twins! Surprise! Except for not really… see Mike and I “knew” it was twins.

Mike and I both had a feeling we were having twins. When we told my dad I was pregnant, he looked at me with a serious face and tone and said, "well Heather, you know you are going to have twins" and at that moment I was like OMG what if is twins.... a couple of weeks went by and I just had a feeling that it was twins. Mike and I had many conversations about the "fact" that we were having twins. The day before the first ultrasound we had dinner with Mike's parents and we told them it was twins. And they were like "what, how do you know?" and we said, "we just know!"

The morning of my first ultrasound (as we were going  to the Dr. office we said to each other "today we find out if we are really having twins."
We had the ultrasound... AND WE ARE HAVING TWINS!!!

When we found out we were having twins, we couldn't keep it secret, so we spilled the beans early.

Shortly after my 1st ultrasound, the doctor called me and told me I have thyroid disease. Which makes everything EVEN harder…twins and thyroid disease. I have a hypothyroid, which means I do not make enough thyroid for myself, so I do not make enough thyroid for myself and two babies! It makes me tired...so hypothyroid plus first trimester with twins = no energy what-so-ever… I fall asleep all the time.  

I have to take a hormone every morning on an empty stomach with 8 ounces of water. This equals mission impossible. Because I am sick in the morning!

Actually I am sick all the time. I am constantly nauseous, and I throw up most days. But at least when I do throw up I feel relief for a little while-- with the nausea it’s like all I want to do is throw up and I don’t! GRRR
I have to keep plastic bags and towels in the car with me just in case I have to vomit. Last night… that towel got used. I barfed up my whole dinner… blah.

When I got home I felt so sick so I laid on the sofa and fell asleep around 6:30… I woke up at 10pm and went to bed… and did not get up until 7am. I am a tired woman.

No comments:

Post a Comment