11 weeks today! My next doctor’s appointment is Dec 23rd, I will be 12 weeks.
How are my babies growing right now?
(Below information is taken from babycenter.com)
They are just over 1 1/2 inches long and about the size of a fig, is now almost fully formed. Their hands will soon open and close into fists, tiny tooth buds are beginning to appear under their gums, and some of their bones are beginning to harden. They're already busy kicking and stretching, and their tiny movements are so effortless they look like water ballet. These movements will become more frequent as their body grows and becomes more developed and functional.
How is a twin pregnancy different than a singleton?
Well since I am carrying more than one baby I am automatically considered a high risk pregnancy. Three lives have to share one body and that puts a lot of demands on the body and the babies– which increases all complications and risks. I will have to see a specialist throughout the pregnancy and at 24 weeks I will go in for checkups every two weeks. I will not go a full 40 weeks, 38 weeks maximum.
At this time I know very little about the actual birth plan, we will have to wait and see how the babies and I do. But the chances of me having to get a C-section are much greater. I am not too fond of the idea of a C-section; to me it is not natural. Our bodies were (in normal cases) built to have babies, not to have our stomach and uterus cut open! Ah…
I have been doing a lot of reading about the birthing process of twins… and sometimes with a vaginal birth, baby A is delivered fine, but then baby B won’t come out quick enough, and then they have to do an emergency C-section to deliver baby B. So if there is ANY chance of that… I’ll just do the C-section. I do not want to be stitched in two places. No thank you.
A singleton baby has an average birth weight of 7.5lbs while twin babies have an average birth weight of 5.5lbs. There’s only so much room our body can give the babies – they will be little guys!
My vitamins completely overwhelm me. I went from taking zero pills a day for my whole life. To having to take 7 pills a day. I start the morning off with my hormone, and then take my prenatals (6 total) after dinner. I have to take the normal dose of prenatals plus extra folic acid and a calcium complex. Just thinking about taking them and I get sick. They are hard to swallow and, well, it’s just challenging for me!
Who is my doctor? Where will my babies be born?
My doctor is Lea Mahoney of West End OBGYN. She is great and I really like her. I am not sure yet if she will be there when the babies are born – since I have to see a specialist. At this time I do not know who the specialist will be, it will be set up by West End OBGYN, and I’ll update this information later. The babies will be born at Henrico Doctors Forest, the same place I was born!!!
Will I work or stay at home?
Right now saying this is easy for me… I will work! I love my job so much and feel blessed every day when I get to spend my day with such amazing youth. I know I will love my babies more and it will be hard to leave them, but I am leaving them in good hands. bringing home some bacon and providing my family with some really good health insurance.
Who will watch the babies while I am at work?
My mommy of course! She is very excited about this task and I am so blessed to have her be so willing to be nanny granny. No doubt in my mind she will be the best grandma ever! If I did not like my job or if I had to put my kids in daycare then I would stay home with the babies. But I really think working and having nanny granny is an amazingly awesome situation and will be the best scenario for my family.
When will I update?
More later… I plan to update pretty regularly. I do not know if I can commit to a daily posting but will try to stay as regular as possible and will definitely post as random things come up and as I have doctor appointments! Check back regularly and let me know if you have any questions about what’s going on with me… oh and leave me a post so I know who is reading! Bloggin will be no fun if it feels like no one is reading!
Xoxo,
Heather
love this!! Nanny granny stuff made me cry:):)
ReplyDeleteI am so lucky! :):) = my twin grandbabies
I am still so excited:):)