As I said earlier it wasn’t a complete surprise to Mike and I that we were having twins because we had a feeling and talked about the what ifs of twins many times.
So we go in to the ultrasound and first off.... I need to vent about this for a moment! It is NOT like you see in the movies or on TV it’s not done on the stomach for the first ultrasound at 8 weeks. It is done vaginally. With a huge dildo looking thing that has a camera on the end of it. I would have had a heart attack about it, but thankfully Carrie who is 4 weeks ahead of me in pregnancy warned me. When she first told me I thought she was joking with me. WHY DOESN’T ANYONE TELL YOU THIS? You should be prepared for this…it’s kind of a big deal (pun intended). So I am letting all you guys who have never been through it know now!
So anyways… as the ultrasound tech puts the screen up and says “do you see anything?” and I said “ummm... yes.... I see two things” and she said “yup so far there’s two, now lift up your buttocks and let’s make sure there is nothing else in there!” The next few moments seemed to take forever… and I thought to myself “OMG what if there is more in there? What will I do?” Thankfully there is just Baby A and Baby B.
Both Baby A and Baby B measured right on track and had heartbeats on 154. I am due July 12, 2012. That is exactly 40 weeks. However, since I am pregnant with twins I will not go the entire 40 weeks. Doctor said most twins are born between 34-38 weeks. If I am still pregnant on June 28th (38 weeks) my doctor will induce me. She said “these babies will not be born in July!” My response to her was “Oh no I really wanted a ruby ring!”
Ruby is the birthstone of July. I told Mike that I wanted to have three children…one in May (Emerald), July (Ruby), and September (Sapphire) because I liked each of the birthstones. Funny I know, but I was serious. I guess you can’t plan babies around gemstones.
So anyways… how did we respond when we found out we were having twins? It was nice to have our feelings confirmed by the ultrasound but it caused reality to set in. Of course twins sounds like fun but they also sound like a lot of work and a lot of money… which brings up a lot of overwhelming feelings.
So as Mike and I left the doctor’s office we stood in the parking lot and we both vomited. People were walking by looking at us like WTF… if I could have I would have yelled “we just found out we are having twins!”
Lol....this made me laugh so hard! Luckily, all of my ultrasounds were done on my tummy! I didn't even know about that thing! Too funny!
ReplyDelete