Saturday, December 24, 2011

12 week doctor visit

Today we had our 12 week check-up. I was nervous about it and then really nothing happened… ok something huge happened we heard their heartbeats! But I wanted to see them! They have doubled in size since the last ultrasound and I wanted to see them damnit! I was literally at the doctor’s office 10 minutes total and that was it, I had this huge build up about it and I was under the impression I was going to get to see my babies and then I didn’t get too L

I came in the office, I peed in a cup, they weight me, I have gained a pound since the last visit, which apparently is good from all the puking I have been doing they were worried about me losing weight. The doctor told me I can gain a HEALTHY 45-55 pounds, that really freaks me out, but I guess it is part of the whole process. While the scales say I have only gained a pound I am for sure showing in places. I have went up an entire cup size and am now wearing a 36D bra (this is crazy to me), and my baby bump is there. I will start taking pictures soon.

After, I peed in a cup, they weight me, and took my blood pressure and then the doctor came in. She said, “ok I am going to do a sonogram, we may not be able to hear them yet, and we may not be able to find both heartbeats, so we will see what happens, we may have to schedule an ultrasound.”  She put the gel on my tummy and began to roll the little ball across and instantly she said “there’s somebody.” And we heard thump, thump, thump, thump, thump. She rolled the ball over to the other side of my stomach and said “there’s another one.” And we heard thump, thump, thump, thump. A minute earlier she was just telling us she may not be able to hear anything because it is still early, and instantly she found two strong heart beats. Don’t get me wrong it was an amazing experience, but I wanted to see them!!!     

After the sonogram we talked to the doctor for a few minutes. I will go back at 16 weeks for an ultrasound yay I get to see the babies!! We may be able to find out the sex then! But will come back for another visit and ultrasound at 20 weeks and will for sure know the sex then. And then at 24 weeks we will start seeing Dr. Christmas (yes apparently that’s his name!) the multiplies doctor… and then we will start getting 4D ultrasounds!

A lot of excitement this holiday seasons! And a whole lot to be thankful for. God has truly blessed me.

Xoxo,
Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment