Thursday, September 26, 2013

The Gender


Have you ever look back on an event or time period of your life… and realized if your life was a movie that that past event would be a huge foreshadowing of what your life will one day be?

(I have had this happened to me several times.)

 If you could go back in time you would tell yourself to pay attention at that moment, because this is going to be important in your life one day!

I was only 12 or 13 years old at the time. But I have thought about this family and have talked about them many times since my short summer encounters with them.

The summer I turned 13, my mom’s friend from college had just moved back to Virginia from South Carolina. She was in between jobs. She worked as a nanny for a family. This family had 4 children. Two sets of twins. The first set was a set of boy/girl twins. The second set was a set of boy twins. I was always amazed by this.

We would often meet my mom’s friend at the park and play with the twins. The play time at the park only furthered my amazement. This family was once a guest on a talk show that was doing an episode on families with multiple multiplies (it was a little less common then). This also added to my amazement.

While I only had a few encounters with them over that one summer my mom’s friend was their nanny, I have thought about and talked about them many times over the years.

In my first couple years of teaching, before getting married, before having kids, during the multiple birth chapter in my child development class I always talked about this family.

I never thought I would one day be this family.

When I found out I was pregnant with the first set I thought of this family. When I found out the first set was a boy and a girl I thought about this family. When I thought about getting pregnant again and the possibly of having twins again I thought about this family. When thinking about getting pregnant, I thought because of the amazement I had for this family that I would have twins again and they would be boys.

Yesterday when I would out the gender of my second of twins was two boys, I immediately thought of this family.

I was amazed by this family for years.

And now here I am and it’s about to be MY family.

Amazed.


Ultrasound pictures from yesterday below!













No comments:

Post a Comment