During my two week break from work I decided to take up making baby food. It’s not hard. And it really doesn’t take the much time. And it’s way cheaper. Money is usually my motivation behind most things.
For Christmas I got a Baby Bullet (Product Review Coming). On New Year ’s Day I spent the day making and freezing baby food.
I made peas, carrots, apples, pears, and an apple and pear sauce.
I spend $10 and made roughly 35 servings of baby food. I used 12 two ounces jars. And then froze 8 six ounce bags of food.
So that is 72 ounces of baby food for $10….which breaks down to 7 cents an ounce. The jar baby food I was buying off of amazon (cheaper than in the stores) was 31 cents an ounce.
Over the last couple of days the babies have had each food I made… there is such a difference in the homemade food and the jar food (I was buying organic). The look, smell, texture, and expression on the babies’ face is different…. Homemade vs. jar.
The twins love the apple and pear sauce and I don’t blame them because I tried it and it’s pretty good!
I will continue to buy jar baby food as I am NOT against it. It will be great when I don’t have time to make baby food or when we are on the go. Also I am going to buy jar food of items that are more expensive to make or are not in season. For example peaches or mangos.
Blah, Blah, Blah,
Heather
No comments:
Post a Comment