Monday, January 21, 2013

I was busy in the kitchen today.

Today I had off from teaching thanks to MLK day. I spent the day busy in the kitchen making dinner and baby  purees. I made apple and pear sauce, sweet potatoes, and squash. I used three apples, three pears, two sweet potatoes, and one squash (I was cooking squash for dinner and used just one to make a puree). I steamed all fruits and vegetables and then used the baby bullet to blend and then poured the mixes in to glass jars and freezable containers. I spent $9 and purchased all organic. I am not sure how many servings I made because I ran of storage! I ran out of freezer bags and had to use an ice tray for my extras. The two sweet potatoes made much more than I had anticipated. It is so easy, saves so much money, and it is fresh which can only be better for baby! 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment