I will be the first to attempt that I use to never get the flu shot. I typically have the immune system of an Ox. Being half Native American my Dad always joked that nothing makes us sick except small pox. So I didn't think I needed it.
My first ever experience with the flu shot was last year when I was pregnant when my OB explained the importance of protecting not just me but my unborn babies. Now that I have two PREMATURE infants it was a no-brainer to get the flu shot again. It's not about protecting me but protecting them as well.
So I am now on the just get the damn flu shot train! Getting the flu shot does NOT give you the flu. Yes you can still get the flu even with the shot as it is not 100% and it takes about two weeks for your body to build up an immunity after getting the shot. If you do still get the flu after getting the shot your symptoms and duration are less and shorter. Plus you wont have have to say "Why didn't I get the flu shot?"
Also your immune system maybe strong enough to fight of the flu system but you can pass it on to others... like my premature infants or the elderly!
So just get the damn flu shot so you can protect not only yourself, but others.
If everyone got their flu shot it could be a thing of the past!
No comments:
Post a Comment