Monday, June 23, 2014

Weekend Recap

Week one of summer is down and I am adjusting to being home and how I want my house to run.  It was a great first week. I love being home caring for my house and being with my kids. They are so much fun!

I realize I have to figure out how to get out and about with all the kids. By Thursday, I could tell P and N were kind of bore of the house and needed a change of scenery.

So this weekend we made up for it and those little brains were so stimulated.

We started Saturday morning off with a trip to the zoo. Mike and I had planned this the night before and Saturday morning, Mike’s parents called us and asked us if we wanted to bring the kids over to play because they were watching P and N’s cousins: E and MG. When Mike said well we are going to the zoo, his parents decided we should have a cousin play date at the zoo. So they meet us at the zoo and it was a fun time. E is 4 years old and MG is 2 years old so very close in age. It was funny being at the zoo all together and hearing people talk about us. “OMG 6 kids, are they are theirs and they are the grandparents… and what is that 2 sets of twins… how old are they?” Oh people. EVERYWHERE WE GO…

Even though we had two extra adults with us on this outing it was still too crazy for me to get any pictures! I was holding 3 hands and pushing a stroller so I didn’t have a hand for my phone to snap any pictures!

Saturday night I had my parents, brother, cousin and her husband and her 21 month old twins over for dinner. So P and N got another play date and aunt and uncle and more grandparents time!

Sunday morning we took all the kiddos to Bryd Park to feed the ducks. I absolutely loved this. The weather was prefect it was a cloudy 79 degrees and there was no one there so it made for a very easy fun outing. P and N absolutely loved it and were still talking about it at bed time “Presley feed ducks bread mama.” “Noah feed ducks bread.”


















After feeding the ducks we headed over to Maymount’s Nature center to check out the fish and turtles.





 Then we packed the kids in the van and head to Mike’s parents’ house to let them have naptime before dinner there. They played there and ate well. We then headed home and did baths and they didn’t get in bed until 9pm!

We had a fun weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment