Summer!
Day 2 of summer is wrapping up and I am heading to bed but wanted
to do a little update first.
After 15 weeks of FMLA (thanks to snow days) I had to return
to work for six weeks to finish out the school year.
Those six weeks crawled
by. I returned to work in the month of May. I teach high school. May is the
month of tests. Two weeks of APs followed by 7 days of SOL testing. Then a week
of exam review and then a week of exams… the students at this point are tested
to death and have so checked out and are ready for summer… and I can’t blame
them. Coming back to that was hard. I also teach semester classes so I came
back to students whose names I didn’t even know. So trying to connect and build
a relationship was not easy. One thing that makes me love my job is the
students and my ability to connect with them… since that did not really happen
it made my job much more of a job and a lot less enjoyable then it has ever
seemed to me.
I missed my kids so much when I was back to work… I counted
down every day until summer where I could be with them again all day long.
And here it is sweet sweet summer time!
I am taking being home serious and taking advantage of all
the things that I couldn’t seem to juggle while working.
I kicked off Sunday night with a late night grocery trip to
two stores so that I could have everything I needed/wanted to make real
breakfast, lunch and dinners.
Monday and Tuesday we had doctors’ appointments that I put
off until now because I didn’t have any time off from work to schedule them. My mom came over to help during both of those
doctor appointments. I love being with my kids and I can handle them by myself
but am lucky to have my mom when I have a doctor appointment or something like
that. Other than those events I will be with the kids by myself during the
summer. I only mention this because everyone keeps asking me if I am going to
have help with them. I can handle my kids by myself. Presley and Noah will be doing some day camps as well, but that is because I need them to see more than just the walls of our house of a regular basis.
Monday looked like this, woke up 7am feed Max and Eli (Mike
help then left for work). Cooked breakfast got Presley and Noah up fed and
dressed them. Lay Max and Eli down for a nap. Did 4 loads of laundry. Showered.
Dressed Max and Eli and took to dr appointment. Came home fed Presley and Noah
lunch, put them down for a nap. Organized and cleaned the playroom. Cooked dinner. Played in playroom, dinner,
bath, book, bed.
Tuesday I had a personal dr appointment first thing in the
morning so after feeding Max and Eli and Presley and Noah I left for my
appointment. Presley and Noah played with water table and in pool and sprinkler
outside while Max and Eli napped. Came in and ate a huge lunch and took a nice
long nap during which I cleaned and organized the kitchen cabinets and finished
Max and Eli’s laundry. I made sugar cookies during their nap for them to eat
when they woke up. Cooked dinner, had dinner,
bath, book, bed.

This morning. Water Table Fun!

I forgot to bring my phone out side this morning when we were playing with this. But this is from this weekend at my grandmas house. This thing is cool. It's just a giant beach ball you blow up and hook up to the house and it shoots water out. They have so much fun kicking the ball around. $10 from Walmart.
I know none of this sounds practically exciting. But I have
had such a lovely two days. I loving being able to spend quality time with all
my babies. I love getting to clean and organize the house. I love being able to enjoy cooking meals. I know as the days and weeks pass the novelty will probably wear. But this is
the good life!
No comments:
Post a Comment