Friday, June 6, 2014

4 month old and 2 year schedule

Having 4 children ages 2 and under keeps me busy. To the people who asked how do you do it and aren’t you tired. The answer is having this schedules saves me every day and I don’t have time to be tried. Next week is my last week of work and I plan to made some schedule changes to a few things that aren’t working quite as smoothly as they use too. Type A, yup that's me! 


A rare photo, all 4 of my kids sitting still and with eyes open! 



4 months and 2 year schedule 

7:00 am, wake if not awake and feed Max and Eli and pump

7:30-7:45 wake (usually awake because they hear us with Max and Eli) Presley and Noah, change diapers, make breakfast

8:00 – 8:15 breakfast

8:30 – 10:45 play in playroom, babies swing or in bouncers, they are still taking a morning snooze in the swing around 9:30-10:30 (I want to move this to a more scheduled nap where we lay them down in their room). During FMLA I did a lot of laundry during this time because the laundry room is next door! I also plan to make a laundry schedule this summer to make the whole process a little less of a task! I do a little laundry everyday but at the moment there is no real order to this and I am usually the one whose laundry suffers!

11:00 – move up stairs, let Presley and Noah watch some PBS, I DVR shows, they like Super Why and Sesame Street, Feed Max and Eli and pump

11:45 – make lunch if did not make night before 

12:00 – 12:30- Lunch/pump

12:30ish – 3:30 – this is when the big twins were (sometimes still do) taking a nice long nap. They are still happy in their cribs during this time frame… but most days are not falling asleep right away like they use to. I have heard them giggling at 2, 2:30 and then when I go in at 3:30 still sleeping and sometimes they are still sleeping at 4pm! At this time (4pm) I feel like I need to wake them so that I can get them back in the bed at night. This nap is one that I would like to change over the summer I think I am going to let them stay up until 2 (see if the can make it), by letting them play in the playroom and doing some outside fun and crafts until 2pm… to get them nice and ready for nap and let them sleep until 4pm.  So for the summer and for my 2 year olds I would like them to take atleast a 2 hour nap from probably 2pm-4pm.

1-3pm – little twins take a Nap in their nursery

3pm – feed little twins a bottle (it is nice to have the big twins napping during this time!)

3:30/4pm – Wake/get up big twins

4pm – small snack, cheese stick or fruit not to spoil dinner.

5pm – Prep dinner

5:30 – 6:00 – Dinner, after dinner sometimes a walk around the neighborhood or to the playground, and sometime just independent play with their upstairs toys. 

6:30ish – 6:45 – Big twin baths

7:00pm – Feed Max and Eli bottle

7:30pm  - lay down Max and Eli for nap, sounds crazy, but we have to feed them one more time before bed... working to change this. 

7:45pm – Put Presley and Noah to bed, pump

8-10 pm – clean house, vacuum, laundry, tidying up! REST.. Tuesday is my TV night.

10pm – every other night bathe Max and Eli - change this for summer...

11pm –pump, feed Max and Eli their final bottle for the night and put to bed they easily sleep until 7am the next morning.  As of right now the babies need this feed because without they are not getting enough ounces/calories a day. This is another area of the schedule I am going to work on changing over the summer.  They have only been going from this feed to the morning for 6 weeks now. Before then we were still feeding at 3am for weight gain!  A few nights we have done this because we were so tired and it worked but they didn’t finish the whole bottle but most of it… we are going to start feeding a 10pm each night so they we can get in bed a little earlier and start counting down the size of the bottle so that we can get rid of this bottle all together and have them sleeping 7-7 = the goal!

11:30 – Dishes/start dishwasher/I wait for the last bottle before running.

11:45 pm– On a good night... BED FOR ME!!!

Summer schedule: Also planning to schedule outings. Probably just once a week! 


These two :)

No comments:

Post a Comment