Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Why so quiet?

I have been quiet with the blogging recently because I am not really ready to announce this news. Since I told a friend today, who really didn’t say anything, I know there is only a matter of time before this information leaks. Especially since most of my friends will be at a wedding this week. I won’t be there because I went to a different high school and don’t really know the person.

So anyways… I am pregnant again! I am totally excited but have a lot of mixed emotions about it. This was not exactly planned. We knew we wanted more children and we knew we wanted them sooner than later, and we talked about trying late summer/early fall. So this this is only a few months off the plan.

I am a planner. So this surprise has been a little challenging for me. I was finally starting to feel like myself again, after a crazy twin pregnancy, 10 months of breasting feeding, 2 months of extreme medication changes to help get my thyroid controlled, 6 weeks of dieting and losing 9 pounds.  Basically I felt like myself for about a month and bam… pregnant!

Secondly I have mixed emotions and haven’t wanted to tell people because I feel like they will not be excited for us. I know this sounds horrible. But every time we would talk about wanting more kids people would tell us we were crazy. You have a boy and a girl… what else could you need? Then they would say you better wait a long time because you have twins.

Okay I have ALWAYS wanted a big family, and I have ALWAYS wanted my kids close together.

So went I told my friend today. I wasn’t ready to tell her. But Mike came home and brought me lunch… and of course she asked… what happened to nutrisystem… so I ended up telling her.

It caught her so off guard she didn’t know what to say.

The first words out of my mother’s mouth were what were you thinking…. Well if you must know I wasn’t thinking at that moment!

So I have thought about posting about this many times.,. but kept stopping, since I think it is too early to tell. But on the other side if something bad were to happened I would have to express my feeling here. So here it goes…

I am 6 weeks pregnant. I know exactly when and how it happened because it is the only time we did not use a condom. We were on vacation in Carolina Beach and forget them. I have calculated my due date as March 15, 2013, hoping for 1 full term baby that would make the twins 22 months apart.

            My first doctor’s appointment is August 1st… so I will know more then.

For now I hope that you can be happy for my growing family, wish us congratulations, and send us prayers as I am a nervous wreck!

Excited and nervous for what’s ahead!

Thank you!


Heather 

No comments:

Post a Comment