I have had a lot of people ask me recently…
“How do you get your diapers and wipes?”
Since I haven’t posted on this in a while I thought I would do a big
long post on the best way/cheapest way to get your diapers and wipes.
The best and cheapest way to get your diapers and wipes from
my experience of couponing and stockpiling for twins!
I have learned so much since I started my stockpiling journey in Feb 2012. I find that I have started to get things cheaper and cheaper!
I have learned so much since I started my stockpiling journey in Feb 2012. I find that I have started to get things cheaper and cheaper!
Tips
1.
Create a Stockpile… But do not over buy on certain sizes this will take away from your overall savings. Estimate how many you will need and know how many you have in your stockpile. A stockpile makes it
possible to wait for SMOKING HOT DEALS before buying diapers and wipes. See this link
2.
Know the everyday prices.
3.
Know what a good, hot deal price is.
4.
Unit price… the cost of the case or pack does
NOT matter! How much does one diaper or one wipe cost? This is how you know if
it is a good deal. Simply divide the cost of the pack by the quantity. $8.99/31
= 29 cents per diaper. The price of 1 size 3 Pamper Diaper from Target with no
coupon and no sale.
5.
Use coupons, but remember just because you have
a coupon does not mean your purchase is a good one… this is when unit pricing
is very helpful.
6.
Do not be a brand snob! Try different brands,
use the coupons… especially if you can get them cheap! I tried CVS diapers because
with coupons they were 4 cents a diaper!
When I first started my diaper
savings research I priced checked diapers everywhere… Wal-Mart, Target, Grocery
stores, Drug stores, you get the picture. I had to know where diapers where cheapest
on the spot with no sale and no coupon. Well Target and Walmart are the
cheapest… but Amazon Regular Price (Amazon Prime Mom is a different Story) has both Target and Walmart
beat.
Amazon Prime combined with Amazon
Mom you can save 20% off diapers and wipes when you enroll in the subscribe and
save program. Amazon Prime with cost you $79.99 a year, which doesn’t seem like
a deal, but you get free 2 day shipping
on most purchases, free video streaming, kindle books, and the 20% discount. I
was very hesitant about spending the $79.99 a year for the membership, but have
to say it was a lifesaver this past year with twins. You can literally order
anything from Amazon, and often times I found myself ordering things from
Amazon because I found with the 2 day shipping things got to my house faster
then I could make it to the store. For example you can order paper towels,
toilet paper, dish and laundry detergent, etc…. and most products are cheaper
than in the store.
So diapers through Amazon Prime
are on the high end of the cheapest diaper price.
So let’s talk about tip 3, what’s
a good deal/price for a diaper?
First off it depends on the size
of the diaper, as your child starts to wear bigger sizes, less diapers come
in a pack but the cost of the pack generally stays the same which means the
price per diaper goes up.
Here is a list of good diapers
prices! If diapers are this cheap BUY THEM! If they are cheaper than this that’s
a SMOKING HOT DEAL, buy as many as you can for your stockpile.
Newborn: 10– 16 cents per diaper
Size 1: 11 cents to 14 cents per
diaper
Size 2: 14 to 16 cents per diaper
Size 3: 16 to 19 cents per diaper
Do not pay more than this per
diaper. These are good deals on diapers, anything less than this is what I like
to call a SMOKING HOT DEAL. There are lots of ways to get smoking hot deals on diapers
or wipes – drug stores like CVS have lots of rewards programs, and places like Target
where you can stack coupons and wait for sales to receive gift cards when you
buy X amount of packs. Target has sales where when you buy 2 or 3 packs you get
a $5 gift card… this sale comes around about every 6 weeks.
What’s a good deal on wipes?
Anything 2 cents or less per wipe
is a good deal. And I personally think it is pretty easy to get wipes for less than 1 cents. I have come across many wipe deals recently. Plus my local grocery store doubles coupons so I can get a 64 pack of wipes for $1 there.... which is 1.00/64 = 0.015 cent a wipe.
So in short how do I get my
diapers and wipes… I started by using Amazon Prime/Mom/Subscribe and save.
Through Amazon you can get your
diapers on the high end of the good deal prices, wipes will run you 2 cent
each, diapers will also run on the high end of a good deal price.
Each month I had one box of
diapers and wipes delivered to my house, this helped me start my stockpile. I
started while I was pregnant. I was then able to wait for sales and coupons to
buy smaller packs for hot deals. I have never had to go the store because I was
about to run out of diapers or wipes. Instead I go to the store when I am
excited about getting diapers and wipes for a good deal!
My above pricing is based off of
Pampers since they are my favorite. But like I said above I am not a brand snob
and when I get other brands cheap I buy them. I do want to talk for a second
about store brands, while their everyday price might be cheaper, since they are
little coupons for them they are usually not cheaper…. I cringe when people
think this.
Last year, August 2012

Today...
Tons of wipes and size 3 diapers (what my twins are wearing now!). I am currently starting to coupon for size 4's and it wont be long before I will have enough to get them through potty training.
Last year, August 2012

Today...
Tons of wipes and size 3 diapers (what my twins are wearing now!). I am currently starting to coupon for size 4's and it wont be long before I will have enough to get them through potty training.

No comments:
Post a Comment