Tuesday, July 16, 2013

The Beach with Twins

So we have had a couple of beach experiences with the twins this summer. The first was at the end of June in Wilmington at Carolina Beach. The second was in Jacksonville, Fl at Neptune, Beach. Both were for family reunions. The first was with Mike’s side of the family. The second was with my side of the family.

When we were in Wilmington we had an ocean front condo so going to the beach with the twins was pretty easy. The second time since were staying in a condo about a 20 minute drive from the beach, that was a lot harder.

In Wilmington, even though Mike’s parents were there, we ending up taking the babies on the beach each time by ourselves. Two parents with two non-independent walking babies and all their crap is a lot of work. We did so without question because we knew when shit hit the fan we could easy walk back to the condo since it was so close.

In Jacksonville, we knew we needed all hands on deck, since we had to drive, find parking, and hike to the beach with all our stuff from the car. So we did not make it to the beach as much as I would have liked. But we did spend two full days on the beach with the twins with the help of my parents! I thought the twins would only make it a couple of hours because of their nap time schedule but they were able to make it the whole day.

We brought the pack in play to the beach with us. (I said I would never do something like that… and while in FL I did a whole lot of things I said I would never do.) The pack n play was a huge help at nap time. However our twins are not use to sleeping together. P went out first and we tried to but N in with her and instead all he tried to do was wake her up. So he took his nap in the stroller… and it worked perfectly!

Schedules are amazing. But is nice when children can learn flexibility as well. They still took a nap but where able to do it out of their element and off schedule… and I was one proud mama. We had a great two days on the beach!

Here are some pictures of our set-up.





N, asleep in the stroller



Eating snacks



I am ready to go back to the beach! 

No comments:

Post a Comment