This is my list of pregnancy must haves (to date)… all of the below items have helped relieve pain and ease my pregnancy so far.
1. Hot Water Bottle Heater – literally my best friend during my 1st trimester. I used it daily. It is great for headaches and body aches. Still use it now for body aches. It’s great to lay it against my back when I have pain, since being flat on my back is now not as possible. $7.99 at Drugstore.com (cheapest online price I found).
2. Heating Pad – great for back ache and hip aches. But it is best when you can actually lay on top it… and now that I am further a long along I cannot lay on my back long enough for it to do my back any good. It is still great to place under your hips! The first trimester of pregnancy I had the heating pad on my back and the hot water bottle heater on my head. This one is $12.99 at Drugstore.com (cheapest online price I found). I have had mine for a while so I have no idea how much it cost or which brand I have.
3. Maternity Support Belt/Back Brace - Life saver! My doctor told me to get this when I started complaining about back aches. I was a little hesitant about it at first because I thought it was too expensive and I thought it looked too goofy which made me think I’ll never wear this. After continuing to struggle with back pain I broke down and bought it. I so do not care that it looks goofy because it is a miracle worker! At first I tried to wear it under my clothes so it was not exposed and that just doesn’t work as well. It works best on top of your clothes so you can easily adjust it. Also if you try to wear it under your clothes it irritates your skin. Trust me, it is a pricey purchase but you will not regret it! $40 at Motherhood Maternity they have different types and will let you try them on in the store. You may be able to find it cheaper somewhere online… or you may like one of the cheaper designs/brands Motherhood sales. This is apparently the “best” one and the one that felt the best to me when I tried it on. I still get back pain from time to time, usually it is because I have done too much in one day… like when I am out of the house for 12 hours in a day, but this back brace has helped reduce the pain so much.
This is the one I have:
4. Body pillow – Uh yes it helps me sleep through the night. I call my body pillow my boyfriend because I snuggle with it all night. They make a lot of maternity body pillows, but I just use a regular body pillow that I got for $10 from Target.
5. Wedge Pillow – my newest purchases, it’s awesome I got it to help support my belly while sleeping but have been rotating it between under my belly and between my legs. When the pillow is between your legs it helps relieve some of the pressure normally placed on your hips! It’s $12.99 at Babies R Us.
If you do not have a Babies R Us near you (Toys R Us may carry them)... you can get one from Amazon for $10 plus shipping.. Free shipping if you spend $25 which is most likely cheaper than Babies R Us shipping charges.
http://www.amazon.com/DEX-Products-Pregnancy-Pillow-PP-01/dp/B000056JC1/ref=sr_1_1?s=baby-products&ie=UTF8&qid=1333636649&sr=1-1
6. Pregnancy lotions and oils – to relive itching skin and discomfort due to stretching, and maybe just maybe reduce/prevent stretch marks. Also lotions to increase circulation to the legs!
More here…
What would you add to this list?
For the products I mentioned that are available at http://www.drugstore.com/. This is one of my new favorite places… they offer free 2 day shipping with all $25 purchases, you do not have to pay tax, most items are priced 50 cents to a dollar cheaper than at Target, you get rewards points to save you money on future purchases, and with your first order you automatically save $5 bucks on a $30 purchase, $10 on a 50 purchase!
Hope this helps someone out there!
XoXo,
Heather




No comments:
Post a Comment