Today I went in for a normal scheduled prenatal checkup. When my doctor checked my cervix she discovered that it had shortened since my last visit two weeks earlier, that I was completely enfaced, that baby A’s head is very low, and that I was starting to have REAL contractions. I was then sent to Labor and Delivery where they continued to monitor my contractions and where they started to come up with a “Plan” for the rest of my pregnancy. As it stands right now, I am officially on “Strict Hospital Bed Rest”, allowing me only to get up to use the restroom. I will most likely have to stay on “Strict Hospital Bed Rest” until I deliver. I am currently receiving steroid shots every 24 hours to help my babies’ lungs mature in the event that I deliver early. While I am pregnant with twins and understood the risks were high, I am only 26 weeks along, the estimated due date was July 12, 2012, so this has caught me by total surprise. At my last doctor visit two weeks ago she told me I would probably have to be induced... crazy how fast everything can change!
Oh man. I'm sorry! That seems LIKE FOREVER to be on HBR. I saw your post on baby center and had to come see your blog. Everything you have written reminds me so much of myself. I am nearly 13 weeks with twins, have a 3 year old AND JUST WANT TO FEEL LIKE ME AGAIN!!
ReplyDeleteHaving my son I know we will get there again...just takes a long time...and sadly, lots of tears. I cry for no reason. almost every day!
Praying your babies stay in and you feel okay. Get somebody to bring you some good movies and books. And games. And food! Green tea and mommy!!
Andra - thank you for your well wishes! And most importantly congrats to you on your twins and I wish you a well pregnancy!
ReplyDelete