That's what the doc said.
Thursday was a horrible day with a ton of sickness. I wanted to leave school and go home but I knew that was pretty impossible. Once you get to school the chances of you getting a sub to come in for you are close to zero. Now if I really had to leave I could, but it would require teachers to come into my class during their planning periods to cover my classes and I do not what to cause more work/stress for anyone. So I stayed at work, miserable and feeling like crap. During my planning period (7th period of course at the end of the day when a break in the middle would have been awesome) I walked down to the office and told them “I am taking Friday as a sick day because today has been horrible and I am going to use tomorrow to rest.” Everyone at work has been amazing to me. Mainly the problem is I don’t want to be any trouble so I don’t really tell people how BAD I am actually feeling. This is also hard because EVERYONE always asks how are you feeling… which is a hard question because I don’t want to say good, because I don’t feel good, but I am also am not going to tell them that I feel like dying… so I usually say I am feeling okay right now.
I called the doctor that afternoon to leave a message saying that I have been having a lot of vomiting and the medicine they gave me is not helping to stop me from vomiting. The doctor has always been really good about calling me back soon after leaving a message. When I got home from work I went straight to bed. I woke up the next morning still vomiting. I had totally forgot that I had called the doctor until they called me back Friday morning. I told them what was happening and they asked me to come in and see the doctor at 2pm, so I did. I was still vomiting on the way to the doctors and when I got there it didn’t take the doctor long to say you are really dehydrated we need to get some fluids in you. They admitted me to the hospital so I could get IV fluids with Zofran. They pumped the entire first IV into me within a 2 hour period, which is apparently pretty fast. (After many failed attempts to actually get the IV in… and have the bruises to prove it) After the 1st bag of IV fluids I immediately felt like a new person. They continued to pump me with fluids for the next 15 hours. I was released Saturday morning around noon. The hospital stay was amazing, it felt like a vacation. I am so glad I went. I also have a perscription of Zofran now so I am really hoping this vomiting thing is over with!
No comments:
Post a Comment