Starting the Nursery.
What a task! We have a 4 bedroom house. Bedroom #1 is our room. Bedroom # 2 is the current guest room. Bedroom #3 the smallest room (9x10) is an office. Bedroom #4 is the biggest but downstairs room. We one day would like for bedroom 4 to be our bedroom, but it currently has the smallest closet and we would like to be on the same level as the twins in the early years. So Bedroom #2 the guestroom will become the twin’s nursery.
We began the task of converting the guestroom into the nursery by slowing moving the things out of bedroom #2 into bedroom #4. Bedroom #4 is currently the dog room with nothing in it except for some dog beds and crates. So the tasks seemed easy move items from bedroom 2 to bedroom 4.
WRONG!
See I love my husband and Mike has been amazing through the whole pregnancy, dealing with me and my sickness and taking care of whatever I need. I have no doubt that he will be an amazing dad. With that being said, I think I am going to kill him. No not really. But I did not think that the task of transferring bedrooms would drive me so crazy.
Okay so here is the scoop in bedroom 2, Mike used the closet for his clothes. He often drove me crazy my using the guest bed as his clothes storage for days before hanging his clothes in the closet. They were always neatly folded but stacked on the bed. In our bedroom there is a rather large closet that I use for my clothes. It currently has my clothes only. Mike has a giant dresser in our bedroom that is full of all his clothes as well. I once used a drawer for my underwear and he got upset with me saying he could not share the drawer because he did not have enough room.
So the main problem is Mike has way too much clothes. He has way more clothes than me and all of his clothes are all year round. Meaning he does not pack away clothes for seasons. I have clothes packed away under the bed. The other problem is half of his clothes he needs to goodwill based on having too long, not in style, and no longer fitting correctly.
My suggestion to Mike was to go through his clothes and do just that… decide what he no longer wants and figure out what are some clothes he can pack away as summer clothes. I told him we could then share my closet.
NO of course I do not want to share my closet with him, especially when he has a huger dresser all to himself that takes up so much room in our bedroom that I could not fit any type of dresser in their for myself if I wanted too. But sharing my closet is the only real option.
I guess Mike didn’t like this idea because his response was the twins won’t really need a closet at first, can’t I just keep my clothes in there for a little while? Of course I said NO!
Secondly he asked, can I use the hall closet? Which I said the hall closet is already full with coats… where are they going to go?
The conversation ended, and we parted ways… meaning I stayed upstairs and watched TV Mike went downstairs.
I went downstairs and to my surprise Mike was not watching TV he was in bedroom 4 folding his clothes on to the bed. Reminding me of the annoying bedroom 2 habits… I sat on the bed to talk with him and he said look Heather I clean out the closet so I could use it. Bedroom 4, while the biggest room in the house, it has the smallest excuse for a closet known to man. So Mike had decided the bedroom 4 closet would be his (his clothes will never fit). And when he said he had clean out the closet he really had just took everything that I had tucked away in the closet out. He left the closet items in the center of the room for me to find somewhere else for them to go. I swear I could have strangled him.
No comments:
Post a Comment