Monday, January 23, 2012

16 weeks doctor visit.

I am 15 weeks, but am on my 16th week, which is kind of confusing to me and means I have been a week ahead of myself in calculations… whoops. Anyways… this past Friday we had a check up with an ultrasound. It was SO cool! The last time we saw the babies they didn’t look that much they were more or less just little circles. This time they looked like babies and we could see them move. They were moving all over the place! Baby A wanted us to see him/her. Baby A loved the camera and was hogging all the attention. Baby B didn’t seem to mind. Baby B appeared to be much more laid back in contrast to Baby A. Every time the ultrasound tech tried to get a picture of Baby B, Baby A would get in the way! Baby A jumped in front of the camera and said LOOK AT ME!

Their heartbeats were pretty much in sync. The tech took the heartbeats a couple of different times and they varied from the high 140s to the 160’s. She got both heartbeats at 154. This is the same heartbeat we got at our first ultrasound visit.

They measured the babies and they measured right on track with a due date of July 10th (my 40 week calculated due date is July 12th). The doctor also said they measured with the same conception date, which apparently is good. (I didn’t know there was a question about this.)

 I also got to talk to the doctor about the birth plan, this made me really happy. I told her that I understand a lot of the birth plan depends on the position of the babies which we will not know until d day. But I told her I really want to have a vaginal birth if possible. She said. “a vaginal twin birth is the most amazing thing in this world, and I did not get to do one in 2011!” This made me happy because she seemed excited that I was even considering a vaginal twin birth. But also a little scared, did she have no twin vaginal births because it is rare the twins will not be positioned correctly?! In my research, I found that it is a 50% chance they are positioned correctly! There’s only a 3% chance of having twins in the 1st place so I am hoping for a vaginal birth!

I told this to the doctor but I also want readers to know, I will do whatever I have to, to get both babies here safely and healthy. So if that means c-section, then c-section. The main goal of the birth plan is to have two healthy babies!

I gained 7lbs in two weeks! Which sounds really bad, but really that was from my weigh-in right before I got checked in to the hospital for dehydration. I have only had a 2lb weight gain for the whole pregnancy. The doctor gave me a little lecture saying “7lbs in two weeks is a big weight gain, but you only have a 2lb told weight gain, you had a weight loss due to dehydrate.” She said, “I just don’t want you to gain another 7lbs in the next two weeks, you should gain 2lbs a week!”

On January 30th, we will have another ultrasound where the genders will be found out. Overall great visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment