When I got pregnant with the second set. I accepted the thought of twin skin and stretch marks.
Many times people would tell me your bump is so cute... and I would say thank you, I am trying to enjoy it because it wont be so cute after all this is over!
Before I go any further, I am not a very vain person. I know my body is awesome and capable of amazing things. I have four beautiful babies because this body allowed me too!
As week, and week of post pregnancy has pasted, I have been carefully examining my body. Everything about postpartum this time around has been different. Especially with my stomach... there are way more stretch marks, stress marks, and I have traditional "twin skin."
13 week Postpartum belly after 1st set.
Every woman has to wonder what her body will look like postpartum and wonders if it will ever be the same. I know I did and do.
I am going to be brave... and share my twin skin! Because damn it I earned it! However, I will very likely be getting some corrective surgery in a year or so (No shame in my game!) because I do not think the twin skin pictured below is going to go away... with any amount of diet or exercise. I earned by twin skin, but I don't need it for life!
Here are some 9 week postpartum belly pictures after my second set.
Ready?
The twin skin over hang, if I am scaring twin moms to be, I did not get this the first time...and this would be the reason for surgery.
Side views







You are brave!!! After having two sets myself, my belly looks about the same... or even a little worse. I'm really hoping diet and exercise will help some of it!!! Your family is beautiful!
ReplyDelete