Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Presley and Noah the ammmmmmmmmazing little big sis and big bro!

Anyone watch Peg + Cat? Then you know how to say the amazing I posted in the title of this post.




Presley and Noah have been the most amazing little/big kid/big bro and big sis. They are still like little babies to me... but that is hard because they  are no longer the babies. I still call them babies all the time and find myself trying to correct myself... because it is confusing when I tell them something is for the babies and they cant have it.. but five seconds ago I just called them a baby...  by saying "hold on baby, here you go baby, you're welcome baby, etc."

I have been referring to my kids as my bigs (Presley and Noah) and as my littles (Max and Eli). Takes me back to my sorority days! It gets confusing because I can no longer say the twins... and I also get confused when people ask me about the twins. Ugh..which ones?

Presley and Noah are so sweet and I really love having bigs and littles and I think everyone should experience what it is like to have older and younger children. Yes you Casey! My cousin who has a set of girl twins who is afraid to try again because of me!!

Presley and Noah love to give the babies kisses, tell me when they cry "mama baby cry," "mama baby cry help," they love to give them their paci, and they like to pat their back and say "shhh baby it okay" when they are fussing. All melt my heart multiple times a day when they do this.

They at only 22 months are the most amazing little helpers. They really can do a lot of things to help, and the key to this I have found is involving them in as many things as possible and making them be your little helpers. They are at the age/stage of development where learning is about intimation -- so it works perfectly!

I always say to my bigs "Mommy needs your help, can you help me?" and so far they are always excited to do so!

 I don't normally try to bathe the littles while P and N are up, but they both had a lot of spit this morning and needed one badly! So today the bigs helped me give the littles a bath.

They helped hand me towels, soap, wash cloths, they put the dirty clothes in the hampers, and the diapers in the trash can. This helps me... 1. be able to give them a bath 2. watch P and N so they are safe and not getting into trouble and 3. engage them in a new learning activity.

While I was giving Max his bath today he was crying. P was very concerned. I kept saying it's okay Max we are taking a bath, everything is okay, Mommy is right here.

P was standing next to me saying its okay Max, its okay. Then when the bath was over I said something about good job Max. And P was marching behind me as I was taking him to get dressed saying good job Max and clapping her hands. I thought that was so cute!

There are so many little things they do to help me on a regular and above was just one story from this morning. They bring diapers, the pacis, burp cloths, they put the dirty bottles in the sink... anything I need put in the trash they will. They love throwing things away and sometimes fight over who gets to...so many times I have to rip my trash in half so they can both throw it away!! LOL

Many people think I am crazy to have so many kids so close in age... but it seems to me this is a pretty good age difference! Even with an extra on each side!

I love my little, I mean BIG family!


And I'll end with some pictures...

When we brought the littles home from the hospital it was feeding time. So with in a few minutes of being in the house we had two screaming babies that we had to feed. So we started to feed them. Presley and Noah immediately were climbing up on us to help! We spent weeks talking about babies and taking care of baby dolls before the babies were born and came home. So they knew what to do with a bottle! Here are some pictures I got of them helping daddy as soon as I was finished feeding a baby!






Saying "Shhh baby it okay"




This is a picture I got yesterday. I love it. My "baby" boys hanging out while Presley colors away!





4 comments:

  1. This is amazing. I love hearing about them helping and wanting to take care of the little ones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You need to come see them soon! They are growing like weeds!

      Delete
  2. gosh this brought tears to my eyes,, too many days without my big and little grandtwins..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. we always miss gigi when it has been a couple of days!

      Delete