I logged on to BabyCenter today to check out my twin birth
month board… and saw some common themes that got me thinking, and got me extra
emotional. Some babies are being born early,
some mamas are hurting, some are ready to end the pregnancy journey and meet their
babies, and some are scared how they will handle life after their babies will
arrive.
After reading through posts, I just keep thinking the same
thing over and over… it all goes by so fast.
Now I have done my fair share of pregnancy complaining and
this blog is surely proof of that.
But the second time around has definitely been a different
experience for me. Yes I have complained, yes I will continue too… but it is
different…. So let me try to explain.
The first time around, I was nervous and worried about EVERY
little thing. EVERY little thing was such a big deal. My first time around has
so far proven to be medically different from this time so perhaps this time has
been a little easier.
But I think the main thing has been… being pregnant the
first time, while at the time seemed like I was pregnant forever… it was over
too fast. I remember thinking day after day, I can’t do this anymore! But as
soon as my water broke prematurely at 33 weeks… I wanted nothing more but to
still be pregnant.
As the months passed I missed being pregnant…. This sounds a
little funny and is hard to explain… I was happy to have my healthy babies in
my arms… but was sad I could no longer take them everywhere with me and keep
them safe inside of me.
I quickly forgot about the pain and uncomfortable parts of
being pregnant. The memories that stayed with me were the excitement of having
life growing inside of me.
Aside from being pregnant, having P and N has really speed
up life. I cannot tell you the number of times I have gotten emotional about
how quickly the time passes. I look through pictures and cry my eyes out about
how little and beautiful they are/were and how everything is just flying by. I
close my eyes and try to soak memories of sound, smell, touch, sight in my
brain because I want them to stay with me forever.
We got pregnant the second time after my first sets’ first
birthday. Both my husband and I were so emotional about how fast the year had went
by that we knew that we wanted to experience more kids and more 1st
birthdays.
We got pregnant quickly afterwards, without trying, soon
enough, we found out we were pregnant again with twins.
While being pregnant with twins a second time my mind set
has been different. I know this is a huge blessing and I feel like the luckiest
and richest person in the world. I know that at any second all of this can be
taken away.
So I have tried really hard to focus on the good and
remember the excitement.
At times this has been really hard because people do not
know how to response or what to say to me about being pregnant with twins a
second time. I sometimes response with an answer I don't really mean just to end the conversation faster.
I get a lot of negativity about the situation like: better
you than me, what was I thinking, I have a boy and a girl why would I want
more, how are you going to do it, don’t touch me, etc, etc.
I am going to do it. I am going to do it well, and I am going
to enjoy. I am going to remember to soak in the sweet sweet memories because I already
know the days are long but the years are short.
That’s been my motto this pregnancy too. I know it will be
over to fast and I will miss it when it’s gone, so I want to enjoy it, enjoy
what’s left of it no matter how uncomfortable I am.
I want to take each day as it is…. A blessing.
I feel so lucky and blessed to be experiencing this. Thank you Lord for this beautiful life.
I feel so lucky and blessed to be experiencing this. Thank you Lord for this beautiful life.
No comments:
Post a Comment